I'm just here for a cleaning.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

She's going the distance.

I debated over whether to keep my travel plans for this weekend. I had planned to go see my family... my mom, my sisters, Jayla and Chase, my grandparents. I'd decided to take Shady with me (Tom had to stay for a show), for a few reasons. When I leave her, even though she looooves Tom, she gets kinda depressed. And I would've worried about her. But I kept feeling these bad vibes and I decided to listen to my gut and stay home. It crushed me though because I was sooo looking forward to seeing everyone, esp. Jayla. I have not seen her since her birthday, the first weekend in Jan. To be only 3 years old though, she was very understanding. I talked to her for almost an hour yesterday and she kept asking me if I would come to her house when Shady felt better.

Anyway it's a good thing I stayed, because after going to the vet yesterday, it turns out Shady has a "raging bladder infection." (The vet's words) He gave her a stronger antibiotic than usual and said that the infection could be why the insulin does not seem to be working. And it explains why she hasn't been feeling well this week. So I am glad I stayed, it seemed to be for a reason after all. We have to check her again next Friday to see if the infection has improved any.

I ran 7 miles yesterday! My farthest run yet. I felt great afterwards but it definitely took a lot out of me! I had to stop for water and food a few times, otherwise my little hypoglycemic body might not have made it. I feel a little bit more prepared for the St. Patty's Day 10k now.

I'm trying to figure out what book to start next. I think maybe Into the Wild. Tom just read that and loved it. I just finished Water for Elephants, which I highly recommend.

2 comments:

Jen E. said...

you are such a good mom to shady and i'm sure she appreciates it very much! i hope she starts feeling better soon from the antibiotics and her infection goes away pronto!
I'm so proud of you for running 7 miles!!!! that is so impressive to me. Maybe one day I will get there too!?

can't wait to hear what book you decide to read next....

jen

KT said...

wow, that is so amazing... after all we discussed last week, wondering if this was your gut instinct talking or nothing to worry about -- turns out you were right. glad you listened to yourself, and glad shady can start getting better.

and of course, i'm SO proud of you for the LR! xoxo