I'm just here for a cleaning.

Monday, March 10, 2008

The baffled king composing Hallelujah.

Tonight's title is in honor of the great Leonard Cohen, who was inducted tonight into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Although maybe I should use a different lyric... Hallelujah has been covered so many times that there are many who don't know it's a LC original. It's funny, today on Gawker there was a post/graph about people covering Hallelujah. I personally can't complain because Jeff Buckley's version happens to be my very favorite.

Tonight when I was updating my nike+ training log, it gave me this warning about my shoes:




You can click for a larger version but it says: There are 303.57 mi logged on the shoe named 'Kinsei'. Because this is 3.57 mi beyond the designated cumulative distance of 300 mi, you may want to retire this pair of shoes. Once a running shoe has passed its distance lifespan, the cushioning material begins to lose its effectiveness. Updating your running shoes can help avoid injury; we recommend that you begin to run with a new pair."

I agree completely, Nike! Which is why I have a new pair of Asics waiting to be broken in. Hopefully I can get to that before the St. Patty's Day run. There are so many great features of nike+ and the nike+ site, including the training log, which I am a little bit obsessed with. In a good way.

Just finished Interpreter of Maladies! Am hoping to start Middlesex soon (just got it today, thanks Katie!), but I know tomorrow night is reserved for the LAST SHOW EVER of the best show on TV. (The Wire, obvs). Yep, now we all have to quit cold turkey.

Led Zeppelin performing now, going to go pay attention!

1 comment:

Jen E. said...

i looove jeff buckley's version too..what a truly great song. :)