I'm just here for a cleaning.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Hey - Wait! I've got a new complaint.

I am NOT a fan of Daylight Savings Time. At least not the way it works right now. Why do they take away an hour of my weekend? Don't they know that the weekends are the only time I can get ANYthing done?!? I would be perfectly happy if it happened on a Monday, say at 3 pm or something. Why does it have to be an hour of sleep I miss out on? Or an hour of doing something productive, or even relaxing? Not cool. Not cool at all.

Yesterday there was no relaxing. I was a nervous wreck about the game and put all of my nervous energy to good use, doing some spring cleaning. OH - in case anyone needs clarification... the Carolina/Duke game. The first time they play in the regular season is still a big deal, but for some reason I don't get as worked up about that one. It also depends on how the first meeting goes - if Duke wins, the next game is HUGE, because we have to win. Anyway... that was yesterday. And we won!!! I am a little bit superstitious so now I will have to wear the shirt I had on for every game they play now (:

Shady still has an infection, is still taking antibiotics, and as of this morning, is not eating. And I can't give her insulin until she eats. Her blood sugar has not come down yet... it's like a catch-22... the blood sugar being high causes the infections, and the infections/antibiotics keep the insulin from working effectively. Something's gotta give but I don't know what it will be.

Just started reading Interpreter of Maladies, by Jhumpa Lahiri. So far it's really good...

Tom is headed to Raleigh today for a show tonight at Amra's on Glenwood Ave. Then Monday night he'll be at Crowley's, also in Raleigh. Things are exciting right now - we have a publicist working with us, and right now she's at South by Southwest doing some promotion. Hopefully some good things will come of this, I am excited about it.

xo

1 comment:

Jen E. said...

Aww..I hear ya about the time change, although I have to admit that I love having another hour of daylight! I hope that the publicist does some good work for Tom at SXSW! He deserves it!!!