I'm just here for a cleaning.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

In life I know there's lots of grief.

My grandma called me earlier tonight because she is pretty shaken up over the murder of Eve Carson. For those not familiar with the story, she was the Student Body President at UNC-Chapel Hill (where I went to college), and she was found dead Wed. morning, after being shot several times. It is so sad and disturbing and shocking. I didn't know her but just knowing of her, you have to wonder how something like this could happen. Chapel Hill is not a place where murder is common. There are not random drive-by shootings or even a lot of drug-related crimes. It makes it that much more mysterious and confusing as to what happened. The police said last night they were searching for a suspect who was recorded attempting to use her ATM card and was driving what they thought was her car, or a car that belonged to her? I really hope they get some answers soon. I can't even imagine what her family and friends are going through. Something like this would just tear me to pieces. I've been thinking about it a lot too, it has really disturbed me and it makes you think a lot about life and how nothing is guaranteed. My heart is in Chapel Hill in spirit and I hope everyone can begin healing soon.

On a less serious but also somber note, we bid farewell this week to NFL legend Brett Favre. I am sad to see him retire, but after hearing his reasons, no one can possibly blame him. He played 17 long and successful seasons, and he works as hard as anyone does. He just doesn't want to do it anymore, and if your heart's not in it, you shouldn't be either. I'll miss watching him on Sundays, but I'll be hoping he's happy wherever he is.

And on a final note... I should not be doing things like making shirts after I've taken Ambien. In fact I probably shouldn't be typing right now. I was making mine and Nicole's shirts for our St. Patty's Day race next weekend, and one of the shirts was inside out and I didn't realize it. So I ironed on the design on the inside of the shirt. And wouldn't ya know, it DOES NOT come off. So now I have to hope I can find another shirt and that I have enough ink to print out another design (:

I miss Tom! He's only been gone a few hours but just knowing I won't see him until Tuesday makes it seem like forever! Ok, time to go test Shady before I get too out of it, otherwise this could be dangerous!

No comments: