I'm just here for a cleaning.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fuel burning fast on an empty tank.



Today was the 4th Annual Steve Haydu Lo-Tide Run on Carolina Beach. My first 10k ever. After seeing some pictures of other St. Patty's Day festivities, I decided I wanted to dress up and of course Nicole was also stoked about this idea. So we came up with a costume that consisted of awesome green/white striped knee high socks (which Nicole wrote our last names on!), green/white retro 70's running shorts, custom made shirts (also with our last names on them) and shamrocks on our faces. Also, I wore a shamrock headband while Nicole wore shamrock wristbands. It was AWESOME!! We got so many compliments on our outfits and have decided this should be a yearly tradition to run this race.

The weather was PERFECT even though the forecast called for a possibility of thunderstorms (which we're getting in a major way right now). There were a lot of people participating (there was also a 5k), and lots of our awesome friends came out to cheer us on and begin the St. Patty's weekend celebration!

It was fun, but challenging - especially the last 1/4 mile which was on the actual beach (sand!). I worked hard to train for it and am glad that I did it. Some others in our group of friends are now inspired to try a 5k, so the next one we do will definitely be a lot of fun! Most of the pictures taken are on Nicole's camera, so as soon as she uploads them, I will post a link.

Tom is playing tonight at Slick + Red's, but if the weather does not get better I don't know if I will be going. There are tornado watches and warnings right now and are supposed to last until 1 am. The thunder and lightning outside right now is fierce! Shady is practically on top of me. She is not a fan of thunderstorms.

I just finished Middlesex (read my review). I think I will start Random Family next... I have been looking forward to reading this one for a while.

I have officially recovered from the heart attack Roy's Boys gave me today... I was not expecting such a close game against Va. Tech, esp. considering their last matchup had UNC winning by 40 pts. But today came down to the last 0.08 seconds and a shot by Psycho T... and they won. I seriously chewed my lips for the last 15 minutes... I do that when I am anxious or nervous! ALSO, second best to UNC winning is Duke losing, which THEY DID, to Clemson! Duke sucks. Tomorrow UNC plays Clemson for the ACC Championship... then the real March Madness begins with the NCAA Selection.

I think it's time to end this novel of a post... not much else to report anyway. For those of you wondering about Shady -- her blood sugar is STILL super high. She is still on antibiotics though so I am hoping that as soon as she finishes them, the insulin will work better.

1 comment:

Jen E. said...

you guys look so cute all decked out for St. Patty's day! And, once again, I am uber impressed by your running! Maybe one day I will be able to say I did the same!!? :) Great job, Morgan!!