I'm just here for a cleaning.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Thoughts meander like the restless wind inside a letter box

Shady has a friend over this weekend! We are dogsitting Denise's dog Mailei. It was an adventure trying to walk the two of them this morning. Even though they are the same age (Shady will be 11 next Saturday!), Mailei walks sooo much faster than Shady! She was basically running circles around us. It is fun having her here though.

It's been a busy couple of weeks. I'm trying to refinance which means it feels like I have been buried in paperwork, but I think we will be closing soon. That will be good. Shady is doing ok... her insulin dosage has been increased twice since the last update... her lows are getting better, but the highs are still pretty high. So we are going to try the new dosage until Friday and then the vet will re-evaluate. It's encouraging though that they think the insulin is working enough to keep trying it rather than testing for other illnesses.


Katie was just here visiting and we had a good time even though it felt like she was only here for 12 minutes. She got here Thursday afternoon. We went for a run in the park, then went to dinner at The Oceanic, her favorite seafood restaurant. Friday we worked most of the day, then went to Tom's show at BlackHorn that night. Nicole, Greg, Denise, Erin, Nate, Tara, Dmeza, Scott and Jeremy all came too. It was a fun night. We stayed out much too late and then Katie had to pick up her rental car at 8 am Sat., she drove to Winston-Salem to see her parents, then was on to Charlotte to see her brand-new week-old niece Ashlynn who is absolutely freaking adorable! So while I wish she could have stayed longer, I know she was DYING to go see Ashlynn, and I will take whatever I can get. Now it's my turn to go see her in Atlanta... hopefully we won't have to go 9 months before seeing each other again!

Yesterday I had all these plans to get this work done... booking shows, submitting Tom to festivals, putting together media kits and creating an EPK (electronic press kit). However I got nothing done... we started watching The Wire and there was no hope of me getting anything done after that. That show is just really amazing -- honestly the best show on TV. The final season is on right now. Why is it that all of the best shows never last, esp. on HBO? Arrested Development, Deadwood, Extras, Rome, now The Wire.

So now today I have to make up for all the time I wasted yesterday. I've got two snoring dogs laying at my feet, a snoring husband in the bedroom, and I just started reading Love in the Time of Cholera. This could be challenging...

P.S. Nicole and Greg are engaged!!! I am soooo excited for them. When you are in their presence, you can't help but feel true love all around. Congratulations to you two!!

1 comment:

Jen E. said...

Sounds like you have had a great weekend so far!! And it is perfectly ok to get nothing done, you deserve to completely do nothing and just relax! The Wire sounds good..I have yet to watch it, but I am certainly intrigued since you like it so much :) So glad Shady is doing well..hope she continues to improve with the insulin...cute pic of her and the other doggy!