I'm just here for a cleaning.

Friday, January 11, 2008

The crown you've placed upon my head feels too heavy now.

Shady was at the vet again all day today. They tested her blood sugar at different times of the day, doing what is called a curve. She is up to 20 units twice a day (double her initial dose) and her levels were still off the charts. She was sent home and we are to try giving her 20 units twice a day and testing her regularly and keeping a chart of all of the information. After a week of doing this we're supposed to let them know what we've found out and see what they think. If she hasn't improved, they are going to do testing for Cushing's. I am trying hard to not be discouraged but it's hard when it doesn't seem to be helping at all. I would do anything I could for Shady, anything in the world, but unfortunately I don't have endless money. I am worried that even if or when they find out what's wrong, that I won't be able to afford to fix whatever it is. But I'm still hoping for the best because that's all you can do. Now I have to get used to all of the shots and pricking and blood and testing. I found one helpful website today though that I'm sure I will be checking a lot... www.caninediabetes.org. I made the mistake of reading the pet stories today and was bawling at work. I should have known better.

No comments: