I'm just here for a cleaning.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Painting without colors tends to make it better.

So I found a really informative site about Cushing's in dogs. I want to learn as much as I can about it. I am trying to be optimistic, but after 3 full days of testing Shady at home, the insulin still doesn't seem to be helping much. So I am trying to be realistic while also being optimistic. We'll see how the next couple of days go and what the vet decides, but I have a feeling we'll be doing more tests this week. If you're at all interested in learning about Cushing's, you can read it here.

Tom and I and Kristine and Mike went to the movies yesterday to see Juno. If you haven't seen it yet, you should go ASAP. It was so good. I really needed to laugh and even though the movie deals with a somewhat serious subject matter, it is completely freaking funny. And of course it stars two of the Bluths, so that just makes it worthwhile right there.

I also just downloaded the soundtrack from iTunes. The music was so great. Just take my word for it.

Jayla is starting dance class on Tuesday! I am really excited about this, because the girl obviously has talent (if you haven't seen her Dirty Dancing video yet, you need to go watch it now.

Tom's in Raleigh tonight playing at Amra's. I always wish I could go to his shows there with him, but he gets home around 3 am and it makes for a very long day for me on Monday after only getting a few hours of sleep. I used to be able to do that when I was in college... seriously, I might have gotten 8 hours of sleep once during my whole four years of college. Oh, how things have changed.

Whittaker Bay, the show that will be featuring some of Tom's music, premiered on WGN last weekend. We recorded it and watched it the other day. I'm not going to comment on the show... not really because I don't want to, but I had a hard time following the plot. I think the 5th episode will be the first one with Tom's music on it. I'll keep you guys updated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie. I am sorry Shady is not doing any better... :-( Just keep trying to stay optimistic. That really goes a long way.
Glad you liked the movie so much. It was fun to hang with you guys.
Keep on running to help relieve some stress.
I LOVE my book- YOU are reading it when I am done.
:-) Love Kristine

Jen E. said...

Aw, I keep thinking and praying for Shady's health. Thank you for the update.
p.s. i am reallyyy wanting to see Juno. I keep hearing such great things about it! Can't wait to hear the soundtrack too! And, PLEASE let us all which episode Tom's music will be featured on the show, how exciting!! :)

Jen E. said...

p.s i love your blog post titles.. and i can't wait to hear about jayla's dance class..she IS talented and she is going to be amazing!