I'm just here for a cleaning.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

You put the grey skies outta my way.








Today was Shady's belated birthday trip to the beach. The weather was absolutely beautiful and the wind was blowing so much. I tried to capture it in the picture, you could see the sand blowing across the beach and it looked really cool. I think Shady had a good time.

I went for a run outside today but it was so windy, the wind blew my earphones out of my ears. No kidding. It was ridiculous.

I tried to do my taxes yesterday. That was challenging for a lot of reasons. Basically there's a lot of deductions, like interest paid on student loans, that I can't claim unless I file with Tom. We were going to each file separately, but apparently we get a lot of breaks for filing jointly. Soooo we'll see how that goes.

Jen gave me her recipe for buffalo chicken dip which I made today and it was delicious! Yummmm. It was a great snack. Tonight is the Grammys, which I feel are becoming less and less relevant. But the Foo Fighters are performing so I'll at least watch that. Or record it. AND a new episode of The Wire! I can't say enough how good that show is. I don't know why this is the last season of it, if it's because not enough people watch it or what. But it's good. Oh, the writer's strike is supposedly over. Yay! I haven't really missed TV all that much but I would like to see the end of Scrubs. That's another great show that no one watches. Anyway, it was a productive weekend overall but it went by way too fast, as usual!

1 comment:

Jen E. said...

So glad Shady had a wonderful belated bday at the beach! And glad you liked the buffaloe chicken dip! YUM! I hope the strike really is over soon..I am missing The office!