I'm just here for a cleaning.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Lay me down in sheets of linen

This week has been much less chaotic than last week. So far it's been good... our house appraisal went well and I'll be closing on the new loan in a week. Tom came home late Tuesday/early Wed. and I'm glad to have him back. He's playing tonight at Front St. Brewery. Oh, and I dropped the ball on the Whittaker Bay thing... his song 'I'll Wait' was featured on the show last weekend. I had so much going on that I just forgot... I recorded it though and I really hate to say anything bad about the show because obviously they have great taste in music, but... the show is just hard to watch. I'll leave it at that. However, there is some cool stuff going on. We're working on the breast cancer benefit show that I think is going to be great and we should have a date confirmed in the next couple of days. Also, a management/publicity company that I sent Tom's press kit to contacted me today and said she LOVES his music (how could she not?) and wants to know what she can do to help! So we'll see how that goes. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much because the music industry is very tough, but I'm encouraged by the fact that she is interested and actually communicates -- that's a start! I'm also submitting him to some festivals and working on some other things.

Tomorrow is the day I send Shady's #s to the vet for analysis... this week has been up and down again. But I hope the vet sees progress somehow. I just wish I could find a pattern to why the lows are low and the highs are high.

I was glad for Tom to come home, but what made his return even sweeter is that he came bearing a gift from Sean... a super duper awesome iPod docking speaker system thing! Tom set it up last night and the sound is crystal clear. It's shiny and awesome! I'm speechless, really. It was so unexpected and so generous and thoughtful. I feel so lucky to have inherited these great friends of Tom's!

He also brought some boxes of books from his mom. I am looking forward to going through them, she reads a lot of the same stuff as me and even though I am behind as it is on the book club books, I am always excited to have new books.

Ok, I'm exhausted. The game last night wore me out. I'm trying to forget it even happened.

No comments: