I'm just here for a cleaning.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

"I'm big in Japan."



Last night during his show, Tom told a story about how his music had been on a show in Japan, whose title translated as "Texas Fight, Man of the House." It paid $0.37. Yes, thirty seven cents. But unfortunately the check he got was for $0 because all of the money was used for processing fees.

The show was a lot of fun and Tom was great as usual. It was really good to see everyone who came, it felt like it had been forever since I'd gone out. It's actually only been a month, but that's a long time to go without seeing some of your friends. Anyway, we all had a lot of fun last night, thanks to Tom Rhodes and the Rhodes Squallers.

Shady is getting ready to start a new type of insulin. After two months trying this first type, there is still no sign of stabilization and even after switching her injection site, (from her neck to her side which is supposed to have better absorption), she's still all over the place. Hopefully this new type of insulin will help.

So refinancing is done, after a dramatic week that included losing my homeowner's insurance due to their No Rottweilers Policy, and frantically trying to find new coverage before the loan closing. I'm glad that's all over. I can't believe Feb. is almost over. 2008 is flying by so far. I keep waiting for life to slow down a little bit but it never does. I don't think it's going to anytime soon either... I think I am going to be doing the Battleship Half Marathon in November. I haven't fully committed yet because right now 13.1 miles still sounds like A LOT to me, but I am going to start training for it and see how it goes.

Speaking of running, I'm going to go for one now while Tom is still sleeping (:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you'll love participating in the half marathon... if not Wilmington, give the Va. Beach Rock and Roll Half a try... the energy & excitement of the crowd will carry you to the finish line, no doubt about it.

glenn said...

i told your man to have you send me a copy of that so i can properly translate it for you. :)