I'm just here for a cleaning.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

The end of the year is near, my dear.

Friday night Tom and I went to Barnes and Noble to use my holiday gift card. I got A Thousand Splendid Suns, Three Cups of Tea, and Guns, Germs and Steel. I started ATSS Friday night after I finished The Year of Magical Thinking, which was good, but sad. I think it would be really helpful for someone who has lost anyone close to them and dealt with the grief and sadness that comes with going through something like that. So I read a little of it Friday night, then finished it on Saturday. I couldn't put it down! I made sure to finish most of the stuff I wanted to do that day before I started reading it again though. I loved it. I loved The Kite Runner, which was the first book by this same author, but I think I liked this second one even more!

I haven't started my next book yet. I was working this weekend on a website for Tom's mom. It's a website/blog for her to post pictures and stories about her sailing adventures. It's up now, the website is www.starburstonline.com.

I can't believe 2007 is almost over. It has gone by so fast. It seems like it was just yesterday that Tom and I were planning the wedding and now here we are a few months from our first anniversary. Jayla is going to be 3 this week, that seems unreal too. On one hand I can't believe she's already 3, and on the other, I can't believe she's only 3, because I can't remember what life was like before her.

I took her to see Enchanted on Christmas Eve. She had a great time and loved the movie. Later that night, my mom asked her about the movie, so Jayla proceeded to tell us every detail of what happened. At some point, after she'd been talking for over 30 min, Tom starts recording her. Here's just part of it:



I just got a text message from my friend Jen W. who was just proposed to on top of a mountain today while skiing in Colorado! That is so exciting. Congratulations Jen! I am so excited for you and Justin and I can't wait to hear all about it. You deserve all of the happiness in the universe. What a great way to end the year and start a new one.

No comments: