I'm just here for a cleaning.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Race for Richie


Today was the Race for Richie, a 5k organized by Laney high school senior James Cook. Richie is a family friend of James' who is fighting leukemia. James organized the 5k to raise money for Richie as his senior project. Thanks to my dear friend Kristine, who helped with all of it, and who recruited me. I recruited Nicole, my running buddy, to join me, and she recruited Alisha, who was awesome in her first 5k!

All together we raised over $2500 for Richie. I'm really happy to have been able to be a part of something like this.

2 comments:

Jen E. said...

you are awesome for doing this! yay! and you are constantly my running inspiration! :)

Anonymous said...

A big THANK YOU to you Morgan, a great friend and supporter who is the best and brought HER great friends in support. It was a wonderful event and I feel blessed to have been part of it. I hope there will lots more of that good stuff to participate in.
Kristine