I'm just here for a cleaning.

Friday, December 21, 2007

New books!

I just got two books that I am excited about. THe NY Times Guide to Essential Knowledge and The Year of Magical Thinking, by Joan Didion. Hopefully I will have some time to read during the holiday. Katie and I started a book club/swap, since we read a lot of the same books, and I told my friend Lauren about it and she wanted to do it too. So I am excited. If anyone else is interested, let me know!

But before I do any reading, there are presents that need to be wrapped, and podcasts that need to be downloaded, and clothes that need to be packed... and a dog that needs to be walked!


P.S. Tom has a show tonight at 16 taps -- the grand opening of what used to be Bella Festa. The band is playing from 9 - 10:30. Come on out!

2 comments:

Jen E. said...

great idea, I've heard good things about Magical Thinking..let me know how you like it, we have similiar taste in books so if you like it I will have to read it too! :)

Anonymous said...

Morgan! I want to join your book club!! :-) I love all those books too. Since I loved the Kite Runner, I'd love to borrow the other one...and give you one! I am supposed to be reading Old Yeller right now, as Sophie can't believe I have never read it!!! :-)