I'm just here for a cleaning.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Favorite things 2007

so, there's just two weeks left in 2007, so everyone and their cat are doing best-of and end-of-year lists. and i am not one to let someone's cat to outdo me, so here's my list -- a la oprah -- my favorite things of 2007, in no particular order. enjoy!




• iPod Nano
One of the cutest things to exist ever in the history of existence. As an expert on iPods, i can say that with complete confidence.


---




Paste Magazine
Not only did they pick Tom as one of their Recommended Artists for Dec. 07/Jan. 08, they are one of the best magazines out there for music/life/culture. Rock on. Which leads me to...


---




No Apologies / Tom Rhodes
He amazes me every day with his talent. I can't believe I am lucky enough to be married to him. And if ya don't know, now ya know.


---




The ONE Campaign
Fighting to make AIDS, starvation and poverty history.


---




NPR
All Things Considered, This American Life, Car Talk, The Sunday Puzzle with Will Shortz, All Songs Considered... all of it in podcast form. Love it.


---




• The Wire on HBO
One of the best shows to ever be on TV.




• iGoogle
How can you not love iGoogle?


---




• Hoola, by Benefit, bronzing powder
Amazing. Available at Sephora or sephora.com.


---




• Naked Juice
If I start to feel like I'm getting sick, I drink one of these immediately. They are miracles in a bottle. Kind of like genies, but fruit.


---




• Polar F6 Heart Rate Monitor
Literally couldn't work out without it.


---




• Nike+ Sport Kit
See above. Running will never be the same.


---




• Gawker/Defamer
A daily must-read. Funny and pertinent (and not!) even if you're not familiar with NYC or LA.


---




Jen Lee Photography
I was lucky enough to be photographed by Jen twice this year. Both times I was amazed at her talent... I will treasure my wedding photos forever, and i STILL get compliments on them, to this day.


---




• Foo Fighters
Having been a Dave Grohl addict since Nirvana, you can imagine my excitement when the Foo release their best album in years and go on tour. One of the best.shows.EVER.


---




• Missed Connections on Craigslist
OMG I saw you reading your mail on the subway. I noticed you got a letter from your grandma. How is she? The picture of your dog on your phone is cute. You were hot. Tell me what my mom's maiden name is so I know it was you. And also I think I love you. Sorry if this is INAPRORIATE.


---




Gourmet Grill
If you can, go eat there! Now. For real!


---




• Extras, on HBO
This show is seriously hilarious.


---




• Nirvana Unplugged in New York on DVD (finally)
Can't watch it without wanting to cry, but also can't stop watching it.


---




• Bedhead Dumb Blonde Shampoo/Conditioner, and Uptight Spray for Curly Hair
What would I do without Bedhead hair stuff? Daily miracle workers.


---




• Asics Gel Kinsei
Best running shoes I've ever found.


---




• The (RED) Campaign
Do something good for the world... while you buy stuff, which you're going to do anyway. (Click here to read larger manifesto.)


---




• Follow the Lights EP by Ryan Adams and The Cardinals
Since I bought this, on the day it was released in Oct., I have listened to it at least 587 times. No exaggerating. It's that good.


---




• Scrabulous on Facebook
Addictive. Seriously.


---




• Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita
Mmmmmm. Best enjoyed with good friends and their dogs while sitting on the porch on a fall night.


---




3Day Walk for Breast Cancer
A great cause to support and I'm so excited about doing this in San Francisco next year. I'll be soliciting all of you for money soon, if I haven't already. (:

--

Favorite Things, Wilmington Only Edition:

Big Thai, Nikki's Sushi, Double Happiness, Santaland Diaries on City Stage, Folks Cafe on Market St. (RIP), encore, The Rhodes Squallers, Leonard Sykes Animal Hospital, Blackbeard's Bryde, Java Dog, Yo Sake.


--


Honorable Mentions:

Julius Peppers, Ambien, Sweater dresses, NYC, Eat, Pray, Love, Go Fug Yourself, Runner's World Magazine, Kanye West: Graduation.


The end. Happy 2007!

1 comment:

Jen E. said...

heehee..so many of your faves are also my faves..I guess that is why we are friends!! :)