I'm just here for a cleaning.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Eight miles and runnin'.

Some of you have asked for a Shady update - I guess it has been a while. The latest news is that we are trying a longer needle, and we just increased her insulin dosage again. It's been over 3 months now and she's still nowhere close to being stabilized. I can't tell if the longer needle is helping - supposedly absorption may have been one of the issues. Last night was the first reading we've had in a few weeks that has not been in the 300-500+ range. That was encouraging. She doesn't seem to feel bad though, and besides being thirsty and hungry all the time, seems to be ok. I think that's the important thing!

Tom is in Raleigh tonight at Amra's. So far he's gotten a lot of publicity from the radio show - I am still so impressed by how well he did! We will be busy for the next couple of weeks getting things finalized for the benefit show... I think it's going to turn out really well. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jen E. said...

I'm really glad to hear that Shady seems to be doing well. I know it is hard not worrying about her, but I think that it says a lot that she really seems to be acting like she feels pretty well, all things considered :)
And, I'm proud of Tom for a great interview and I'm very proud of YOU as always for being an inspiration to people like me who reallyyyy want to be a runner! :)